Injuries In Texas
There is no way to predict all the information personal injury lawyers in Texas may need to represent you. There is, however, some consistency in the information most Texas personal injury law firms recommend you to bring to an initial meeting. To protect your rights, make an appointment for a free consultation with a qualified attorney as soon as possible to discuss your Texas injury.
Information for about you Texas Injury
- Bring copies of your medical records pertaining to the claim you are making. If you do not have your records, provide your personal injury lawyer with the names and addresses of all healthcare providers you have seen.
- Your personal injury attorney will need your records from any mental health providers you have seen (psychologists, psychiatrists, psychotherapists), even if your purpose in seeing them was not related to your claim.
- Bring a list of the names and dosages of all medications you are taking.
- Bring copies of any medical test results that have been given directly to you, including X-rays, MRIs, or lab reports.
- Provide your personal injury lawyer with copies of your certificate of coverage or participation in any health or disability insurance you have.
- Give your lawyer copies of all bills you receive from hospitals and medical providers. Even though your insurance may have covered these bills, your attorney will still use this information in determining the overall value of your Texas injury case.
- If you have lost time from work as a result of your Texas injury or condition you claim, bring copies of your pay stubs or wage records before and after the injury occurred.
- Provide your personal injury attorney with copies of any and all documents you have received from opposing parties, including insurance companies.
- If your personal injury claim is the result of a motor vehicle accident, bring with you copies of the police accident report, contact information for other drivers involved, written witness statements with contact information, and any photos taken at the scene.
- Bring copies of any other documentation that may relate to your personal injury claim.
Texas Injuries: Seek an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer
The Law Firm of Patrick Short is available to help you now. We offer free initial consultations, flexible appointment hours, and legal services in Spanish. We take most personal injury and wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis and offer flexible payment arrangements in criminal defense matters. Call us today at 1-800-759-1484.